There’s no doubt about it: Latinos are leaving a well-planted mark in the digital world.
According to a July 2010 study by the Pew Hispanic Research Center, Latinos and Latinas -especially those ages 16 to 25- have been early adopters of almost every socially usable technology available, and over-index in the use of cellphones SMS, cameras, downloads, email, internet and games.
We are bloggers, twitters, Facebookers, social network group leaders, e-commerce owners, marketers and more. Seems like we’re taking over Cyberspace!
We were eye-witnesses of this explosion during last week’s BlogHer10 Conference adventure! But you didn’t have to be there to realize it: This topic, which incidentally, is the theme for our upcoming LATISM/Latino2 LA conference, is in everyone’s mind right now, as marketers, politicians and the media are finally realizing the Latino market’s true potential.
So tonight, let’s talk about what’s in it for us as Latinos living in the US and everywhere else in the world.
- What are the implications of this increase in attention for us, Latinos in Social Media?
- Why do you think we are adopting technology at such high rates?
- What kinds of approaches are more effective when reaching out to Latinos?
- What are some good -and bad- examples of campaigns geared to Latinos?
- How do you foresee this power changing the game in things like the marketplace and the upcoming elections?
- And how can we, as consumers, as communicators and as citizens, start to exert the power of numbers that we have?
- And why is it important that we do so?
Bring out your cellphones, your laptops and your cyber-mojitos as we explore the hottest topic right now: LATINOS IN THE DIGITAL AGE!
When: Thursday, August 12, 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
Where: www.tweetchat.com ! (Type in hashtag #latism)
Topic: Latinos in the Digital Age